Wednesday, July 1, 2009

What's the Difference?

Today, my friend and I were having lunch at lovely Pho place in Montrose. For those of you not familiar with Pho, it's a Vietnamese soup with noodles, beef, and an array of other sauces, veggies, and herbs you can add to make it your own.

We weren't sure how big the portions were, and we were debating on whether we should order a small or a large. So we asked our pleasant waitress, "What's the difference between the small and the large?"

Her answer: "The size."


Uh yeah, thanks.


An interesting side note: One of the condiments you can add to your Pho is spicy chili. Do yourself a favor: Don't spill a bunch of it on the table, try to clean it up, then later wipe your nose with fingers that likely have chili remnants on them. Your nostrils will be on fire for the duration of your meal, and beyond. Kind of like mine are right now.

2 comments:

annie said...

Ha! That reminds me of the time I came to visit Kyle in Glendora. We went to this Chinese take out place and I looked at this noodle dish and I asked what it was. "It's a noodle" is what the response was. Kyle and I still laugh about that!

debi9kids said...

LOL! I will have to remember that one! heehee