Saturday, August 29, 2009

The ability to breathe is highly overrated....

The pic I posted of the La Canada fire yesterday has gotten exponentially bigger. And scarier. For those of you that don't have the 'pleasure' of living in CA and experiencing wildfire season, it's a barrel of monkeys. Really. Nothing better than seeing a wall of flames come flying down a hill towards your home. It's a helpless feeling. And the air is HORRIBLE. There is dirt and ash on every surface outside.

Thankfully, this is the view out the window of my office building, not my own house. But it's still unreal to watch it unfold right in front of us. There are hundreds of people that live here that are currently under an evacuation. Several of my church friends and co-workers live here in La Canada, and I pray the fire spares their homes. These pictures really don't capture what it looks like, but it gives an idea....


The firefighters are aerial crews are doing an amazing job at fighting this blaze...my co-workers and I watched the planes and helicopters all day totally mesmorized. So far no homes have been lost. To all the firemen: keep it up guys, and stay safe!

1 comment:

lindalou said...

Your picture really shows how much worse it's gotten. This looks terrible. I sure hope they are able to get it under control soon.