Thursday, August 13, 2009

Confession Time

Have you ever seen that scene at the beginning of Pretty Woman where Vivian (Julia Roberts) is getting dressed for, ahem...'work' for the evening, and after she puts her boots on, she colors in the scuffs with a black marker? My junior high mind grabbed onto that technique and thought it was pure genius. I'm slightly ashamed to announce that scene prompted a Sharpie to be my shoe polish of choice for my teen years. And to say it stopped there would be a lie. I keep a Sharpie in my pencil cup at my desk at work, and have been known to use it on my shoes for several shoe-emergencies. Which includes 10 minutes ago. It works like a charm. A ghetto-fabulous charm, but a charm nonetheless.

Congrats, Mom. You've raised a true lady. But you'll be relieved to know that's the ONLY habit I took from Julia's character in that movie. I ain't no streetwalker.

No comments: