I realize how ridiculous that sounds. But coming home from vacation sucks. I spent all my waking hours listening to music and eating, two of my favorite things. Then I'm supposed to come back to the real world and be RESPONSIBLE again??? Add that to the fact that I'm knocked down by the flu as soon as I get home, and have no more days off saved up at work. But things could be worse, and I tried to remind myself of that fact whilst I hacked up a lung on the couch for much of the week since returning. So here's a list of things that are my 'silver lining' while I'm sick:
1. The flu waited to hit until I got home...nothing worse than being sick on vacation, much less on a ship or an airplane.
2. I happened to be at my parents' house when the Jamaican voodoo flu hit. So I just stayed there. Their heater works better than the crap one at my freezing apartment.
3. Mom made me chicken noodle soup with matzo balls. Nothing like some good Jew-food from your Catholic mother.
4. I got to watch Ellen during the day, which I never get to do.
5. Phlegm is sexy.
6. People bring stuff to you when you're sick...much like on the cruise. It was nice to be waited on...a smooth transition back into regular life.
7. I wore slippers all day.
8. I was able to take care of car repair stuff since I wasn't at work all day. Got myself a bitchin' rental...I'm driving around a big ol' Jeep. Actually it's a midget-Jeep, but it feels big. It looks like a Jeep Cherokee whose growth was stunted at childhood. It drives pretty nicely, but I'm anxious to get my car back. Here's what it looks like, only mine is white. Like me. :)
And while we're on the subject of my car, it's in the body shop being fixed as we speak...my baby was banged up pretty badly. It needs over $7000 in work done...quite a lot for a car that was hit while sitting in a driveway, minding it's own darn business. But I'm thankful that it's not totalled, or I'd be without a car completely. So yay. In 2 1/2 weeks I should be full of farfegneugen again.
I know the main intent of this blog is to talk about my dating adventures, but there haven't been any lately...I promise I'm not keeping anything from my loyal reader(s)! I'd crossed my fingers that I'd meet a fabulous fellow on the cruise, but no dice. Lots of couples everywhere, which gets a little depressing sometimes, but I try not to let that get to me. There's nothing more pathetic than the bitter single girl, and I refuse to become that. Right now, there's one guy (let's call him Moe) from Match I'm talking to that insists on texting me instead of calling me (you all can guess how thrilled I am with that if you've read by post on texting). Moe and I went out once, had a pretty good time, but I wonder how much of that was the liquor, and how much of it was me actually enjoying his company. The Four Man Plan (4MP) says every guy gets 2 dates, no matter what. The only exception is if you have reason to think he's an axe murderer, then you can peace the fool out before the 2nd date. And since I don't think Moe has a lengthy rap sheet, he gets a second date.
Stay tuned...now that I'm home (and healthy again), I'll be back to posting a little more regularly. I'll also post some pictures from the cruise later tonight. I've been writing this post from work (it's 3:30 on Friday, what do you want from me? Productivity?!), and all my pictures are on my computer at home.