Wednesday, January 7, 2009

I'm still here...sorta.

*SIGH.*

I'm sorry. I've been slacking on my ranting. We all know what the hustle and bustle of holidays do to us. It sucks our will to live. But thankfully, I've made it out to the other side, aka 2009. The rants will come back. I promise.

Truthfully, I've been bumming a little. I'm not sure what it is...a combination of things, really. Holiday/post-holiday stress. Worries about money. What direction I'm supposed to go in life, and the occasional lack of motivation to figure that out. Complete annoyance and frustration with my ridiculous dating life (or lack thereof). Exhaustion after a busy semester doing 2 jobs and school. Feeling in a rut at work. And a bunch of other crap I can't control. But as my friend Cindy says, "That's when it's time to put on your big girl panties and deal with it." Because, all in all, things really aren't that bad, and there's a lot to be thankful for. My family and friends are healthy. I have employment when so many others don't. I live in my favorite corner of Southern California in a beautiful townhouse. I'm going on a BITCHIN' vacation at the end of the month. Not bad.

But when I'm bumming, the first thing to go is the humor in my writing. It's one thing to listen to me rant, but it's another thing to listen to me bitching. They are two very separate things, and I refuse to let this blog become that kind of forum. Ok, so maybe that's what it is tonight. But typing about it is already making me feel better. So, onward and upward!

One thing that I thought might pull me out of this funk is to be doing something creative. I've found it's something that soothes me, feeds my soul, and gives me purpose. I spent the last semester taking a photography class, and trying to absorb as much information and knowledge that I could. Now I have all these pictures, and no place to showcase them. So I've started another blog. One that is solely devoted to my photography. However, everything I took last semester is on film, not digital, and it will take me a while to get that converted so I can upload them. But for the time being, I've started uploading some of my existing work from the last couple years. And now that I've taken this class, I now don't think they're as great as I used to think they were. And that's ok. Over time, it will show the progression of where I started, to where I am now, and beyond. So take a moment and check it out if you feel so inclined. I've done a few posts, just so there's something on there to get started. I want this new blog to be a motivation for me to get out there and constantly be taking pictures.

Here it is...now don't all of you rush to the new blog all at once. We don't need to be crashing the site. ;)
Photos by JK

Ahhhh...it feels good to post again.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Hey Jen - Just wanted to let you know I feel for you and the blues you've been stuck in... I can relate to a lot of them. I'll pray for you (& while I'm at it, for it to start rainin' men... or at least one good man for you!). On another note-- checked out your photo blog just now and those are really good! I subscribed to it, so I'll get to see your progression of awesomeness!