If someone asked me yesterday, "Jen, what is a meme?", I'd say "Why, it's a female mime, of course." Apparently that's not correct. A meme is the shorter, blogosphere version of those email surveys that you get every so often from your friends, and I would ALWAYS get sucked into doing them. They're fun, and I take FAR too much time crafting my answers. Yesterday, my friend Cindy tagged me on one of these memes, so of COURSE I'm in. I still don't know why it's called a meme...does "meme" stand for something? Can't we call it something cooler, like Striker? Or Derek? Oh well...let's just meme....
What was I doing ten years ago?
1998...I had just finished my sophomore year at Loyola Marymount University as a music major. I was looking at a bitchin' summer of office work/filing for an escrow company in Glendora, and spending the rest of my time hanging out with my boyfriend at the time, Joey. Not be confused from this Joey of the 90's:
What are five (non-work) things on my to-do list for today? (This question is hard, since in three hours I'm about to put in a 12 hour workday coordinating a wedding, so that really IS my entire day, but I'll give it a try...)
1. Attempt to Zicam/Vitamin C my way out of a cold that I think I caught on the flight home Wednesday.
2. Go look at a possible guest house to rent in Altadena so I can move out and leave my lame roommate (and her boyfriend) behind! Woo-hoo!
3. Obsess about what I'm going to wear on my date tomorrow afternoon (new guy...Match.com, fingers eternally crossed)
4. Think about what to cook for my Dad tomorrow night for Father's Day.
5. Find the source of where those stupid June bugs are coming from in my apartment. Found 2 MORE this morning. Blech.
Five snacks I enjoy:
2. Chips and salsa (Cindy, I stole your answer...but given the option, I would LIVE off chips and salsa.)
3. Pirate's Booty
4. Reese's Pieces
5. Sabor de Soledad (any 30 Rock fans out there?)
Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
1. No more student loans! HOLLA!
2. Buy a house that my roommate (and her boyfriend) would NOT be living in.
3. Buy houses for 4 friends from high school(we made a pact in a hot tub 15 years ago that if any of us struck it rich, we would buy houses for the rest of the group. If you weren't in the hot tub that night, you're missing out on free real estate. Sorry, pals.)
4. Take my friends traveling, and hire a buff, foreign man named Joaquin to carry our bags.
5. Donate $ to charities.
Places I’ve lived:
1. Glendora, CA
2. LMU student housing, Westchester, CA
3. Los Angeles, CA (as Mario Lopez' neighbor)
4. Brookline, MA
5. Pasadena, CA
Jobs I’ve had:
1. Escrow office general assistant/bitch/gopher
2. Wedding Coordinator
3. Administrative Assistant, Berklee College of Music, Admissions Office
4. Recruiter, OFL
5. Phone book proofreader (I WISH I was making this up...it was an actual job I had for 4 months)
TAG! You’re it...
2. John Mayer (he'll totally do this, I'm sure of it. I keep reading about how he and I are dating. I just don't know why they keep saying my last name is Aniston. It's just irresponsible journalism.)
3. Laura (she's busy saving the world as a missionary in South Africa, so I'm sure she has TONS of time for stuff like this)
5. That's it...most of my friends don't blog, and I'm new to the blogosphere as it is. I'm lame.
Hey. Go meme yourself.