Saturday, June 21, 2008

Suck it, Science.

I've had a long, hot day today. Like most of my weekends, I coordinated a wedding today at the Villa Del Sol D'Oro, our facility in Sierra Madre. It's a BEAUTIFUL place, and I feel so fortunate to be a part of so many truly gorgeous events, but in the summer months, the lack of air-conditioning makes life fairly uncomfortable. In fact, the heat today was UNHOLY. It was up over 100 degrees. At one point this afternoon, it felt like I was about to just stop living. I joked with my staff that if I died from heat exhaustion today, to just let me lay where I fell and not bother dealing with my dead, lifeless body. Which leads me to this:

I was cruising the blogs this evening when I got home, and I came upon an awesomely morbid post on this blog I've started reading recently. She posted about a website that calculates what your body is worth if you donate your dead body to science. Much as death and cadavers creep me out to no end, I was dying (no pun intended) to know my worth. Well, science seems to think I'm worth $5225. That's it?! Insulting. Apparently, I'm worth what is about equal to a used 2000 Dodge Stratus. Actually, the Stratus Blue Books for slightly more. Thanks, Science. No...no, really. Thanks.


$5225.00The Cadaver Calculator - Find out how much your body is worth.


Hey Science, I've got your donation right here.

4 comments:

BoufMom9 said...

OMG! That is the strangest thing EVER! Funny, but strange!
I wish I lived on the west because I would love to go out for drinks with you! Something tells me we would have some great laughs!!!!

Carol VR said...

Thanx for stopping by. Isn't that the wildest thing you've ever saw???

I couldn;t resist posting it when I saw it.

BoufMom9 said...

Jen,
I just tagged you on my blog! :)
Debi

Anonymous said...

buy ativan right dosage ativan - buy ativan no prescription